Saki Corporation, specialist in automated optical and X-ray inspection equipment, will be exhibiting its extended range of 3D-SPI, 3D-AOI and 3D-AXI inspection solutions at productronica 2021 in Munich, Germany from 16–19 November. The company says its technology team will be on hand in Hall A2 at Booth 259 “to present latest hard- and software innovations including Saki’s innovative Z-axis optical head-control for 3D-AOI systems alongside its bottom-side 2D-AOI and latest 3D-SPI platform”.
There will also be an ‚invitation only‘ private preview of its latest AI-enabled 3Di-LS2-CASE 3D-AOI machine for Tier 1 automotive customers.
“Visitors to booth A2/259 will be able experience live demonstrations and take a first-hand look at the unique features of the latest hardware and software releases with an emphasis on reliability, speed, quality, and Smart Factory readiness for applications across all industrial sectors,” the company said.
“We are excited to be back live and in person at productronica 2021 where we are looking forward to interacting with our customers to discuss their successes and challenges and introduce them to our latest inspection solutions,” said Jarda Neuhauser, General Manager of Saki EU. “We are of course continuously monitoring the situation very closely with regards to COVID-19 and are putting all the measures in place to ensure the safety of our team and visitors to our booth.”
According to the company, show highlights will include:
- Z-axis optical-head control feature: Saki’s new Z-axis optical-head control feature was developed in response to an increase incustomer applications demanding accurate inspection of tall components, press-fit components and PCBAs in jigs. The innovative optical-head achieves a maximum height-measurement range in 3D mode up to 40mm. The maximum focus height in 2D is also increased to 40mm. With these capabilities, Saki’s 3Di-AOI Series solutions can be equipped to inspect low-profile components and refocus on the identification and polarity markings of tall components such as large electrolytic capacitors. The composite image enables accurate defect detection and optical character recognition (OCR or OCV), ensuring superior quality assurance.
- 3Xi-M110 (3D-CT AXI): Saki‘s compact, lightweight, Inline 3D-CT automated X-ray inspection (AXI) machine for printed circuit board assemblies. The 3Xi-M110 machine, which now comes with new software that reduces cycle time by up to 50%, ensures the quality of hidden solder joints for bottom-electrode packages such as BGAs, LGAs, QFNs, flip-chip, and package-on-package and provides precise volumetric measurements and shape reconstruction to find voids, head-in-pillow, and other defects that are difficult to identify.
- 3Si-LS2 (3D-SPI): Saki‘s high-precision and high-speed 3D solder paste inspection machine. The single-lane system is equipped with a 12µm camera head for board sizes from 50mm×60mm to 500mm×510mm.
- 2Di-LU1 (2D-AOI): The 2Di-LU1 is a 2D-AOI machine of choice for automated inspection of the bottom-side of PCBs. It shares the same software platform as Saki’s 3D-SPI and 3D-AOI solutions. Its proprietary high-speed Line Scan imaging technology ensures the quality of through-hole solder parts after dip, selective, and wave soldering, and improves productivity. Using the same system options as Saki’s SPI and AOI solutions reduces operator workload and running costs.
- Line Control Software Solutions: Saki‘s software suite and line control systems demonstrate the company‘s data-driven approach to continuous productivity improvement. Visitors to the Saki booth will experience the full IPC-CFX certified machine-to-machine connectivity capability, full line control enabled by Saki’s Offline Teaching station (BF2-Editor), Verification station (BF2-Monitor), Multi Process View and QD Analyzer for advanced Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Hall A2, Stand 259