Indium Corporation has announced a line of material solutions for e-Mobility. The company says its Rel-ion suite of electrical, mechanical, and thermal solutions are designed to be reliable, scalable, and proven materials, reducing electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers’ time to market.
“We at Indium Corporation have created a suite of products under the Rel-ion banner that must meet three very important criteria,” said Brian O’Leary, global head of e-Mobility and infrastructure at the company. “First—they’re reliable. They are designed to meet the higher quality standards that meet the higher demands of automotive electrification. Second—they’re scalable. They are readily available and capable of meeting supply chain expectations. Finally—they’re proven. Most of [the] products have more than a decade of running inside of EVs. Our customers have confidence that the product will work, confidence that they can get enough of it to meet demand, and the peace of mind that comes with using proven material solutions.”
The company says more than 2 million EVs are on the street using its new suite of products and that deliver reliability in the following ways:
- Eliminating non-wet opens and head-in-pillow defects
- Preventing dendritic growth by meeting stricter surface insulation resistance requirements
- Preventing solder delamination with precise bondline control and increased creep and fatigue resistance
- Reducing hot spots-induced voiding through improved thermal efficiency
Some of the products available include:
- Durafuse LT, a patented mixed-alloy technology that provides superior drop shock performance to conventional low-temperature solders, outclassing BiSn or BiSnAg alloys, and performing better than SAC305 with optimum process setup.
- The Indium8.9HF Solder Paste Series, an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to enhance electrical reliability, improve stability during the printing process, and deliver low-voiding for high-reliability automotive electronics.