With the FlexPresser, IPTE, a supplier of automation solutions for the electronics and mechanics industry, offers innovative, powerful and flexible press-fit solutions for almost every customer application. The next generation of this proven machine for the assembly of press-fit contacts, the FlexPresser II, is based on the High Dynamic Cell, the company’s new production cell, and is now available.
The basis of the machine is a cell with a rear feeder bank, for all sorts of component feeding. The most important highlights of the FlexPresser II are a three-part belt segment for the PCB transport, the highly dynamic linear motors for moving the setting unit and a PCB support to absorb the joining forces. High press-in forces of up to 7,000 Newton are possible, due to the adapted cell design.
The IPTE FlexPresser II stands out:
- Designed as a fully automatic inline system and easy to integrate into production lines: Feeding and removal of printed circuit boards with SMEMA interface.
- Free programmable component positions (x, y, angle of rotation) creates huge flexibility during pickup and press-in, thus not only for layout or component changes purposes.
- The wide feeder bank (max. 12 places) allows the docking of different component feeders such as stick feeders, tray feeders and sorting conveyors. Further customer-specific feeders are easy to integrate.
- Excellent process monitoring through force and travel-dependent pressing-in.
- Easy to adapt to application-specific requirements.
- Press-in forces of up to 7,000 N.
- Low maintenance linear motors allow high dynamic and precise positioning of the setting unit.
- An optional vision scan of the component pins with subsequent position correction compensates component tolerances and improves the quality of the press-in process.
- An automatic gripper quick-change system allows different component types to be pressed in per PCB without operator intervention.
- A quick-change system for the PCB support plate minimizes set-up times for other PCB types.
- Stepless variable press-in speeds allow flexible adaptation to different setting tasks.
- For smooth maintenance access, the component feeders are quickly undocked from the machine and easily re-docked afterwards.
- For process monitoring, the placement process is carried out with a controlled placement force.
High dynamic cell – the production cell
IPTE is successively converting all its production cells to the new design. In addition to align to the requirements of Industry 4.0, to introduce a new visual appearance and to optimize the arrangement of machine components, the new generation of the company‘s production cells adds another step into the further standardization of the so-called standard machines. The new High Dynamic Cell series is available with a height of two meters, three widths (1 m, 1.5 m & 2 m) and three depths (1.5 m, 1.7 m & 2 m). They are scalable depending on the application and customer requirements.
With the new production cells, IPTE offers a powerful and modern concept for the automation of various manufacturing processes in electronics and mechanical production. This new line contains many improvements compared to the previous generation.